The Disadvantaged For a nation which has the capacity to crop three crops in a year, the ceaseless cases of farmer perversities are a humiliating fact. The statics of the demises are so high that there is nonentity personal or touching left in them. For a country which has the capacity to crop three crops in a year, the ceaseless cases of agriculturalist suicides are an ignominious detail. The statics of the deaths are so high that here is nothing personal or moving left in them. The death count of a disaster raises additional understanding than the suicides of the Indian agriculturalists. It has become additional of a factor to lash the presiding count of a disaster increases more sympathy than the perversities of the Indian farmers. It has become additional of a factor to lash the presiding party by the antagonism than a warning sign to really do something. However, not all are unresponsive to the agrarian plight. A Chennai based NGO prearranged an All India Essay Race for the citizens on “How to prevent farmers’ perversities in India?” to look disapprovingly into the issue.
Problems of Indian farming:
- Agriculture is messy activity today Indian agriculture is largely a shambolic sector. No systematic institutional and structural planning is involved in agriculture, irrigation, harvesting etc. Official finances are not adequately available and smallest purchase price fixed by the administration do not reach the poorest agriculturalist.
- Most farms are small and thriftily unfeasible the ground reality is that majority of the farmers in India own as little as two acres of land. Farming on such small area is not frugally feasible.
- Middlemen and economic misuse of farmers Exploitation by the traders is the reason put forth for not getting the best price for the produce of the agriculturists.
4. Government package do not reach small agriculturalists the administration has implemented agricultural debt. Waiver and debt relief scheme in 2008 to benefit over 36 million farmers. Direct farming loan to stressed farmers under so called Kisan credit Card were also enclosed under this system.
- High obligation and exorbitant interest rates the root reason of agriculturalists taking their lives is the upsurge in their indebtedness and debt weight. Exorbitant attention rates have to be declared unlawful and the government has to take strict events against greedy money moneylenders.
- Real estate mafia we can see even lush land best suited for agrarian purpose being sold to real estate people, who make plots and give attractive ads to sell at excessive price. There is need to implement strict events to prevent land grabbing.
Solutions to the problem:
- Manifold crops Cultivation of multi harvests such as coconut, turmeric, pine apple, banana, apple, papaya, ginger will yield moneymaking results to the farmers.
- Special agrarian zone just like industrial zone, there is a crucial need to found special agricultural zones, where only agricultural and agriculture connected activity should be allowable.
- Need to update agriculture by presenting farm techniques which guarantee a definite success, an increase in youth participation on agricultural fields is economically possible. This can be attained only by applying new technologies. Research labours should continue for the production of crops with higher yield possible and better resistance to pests.
- Educate the agriculturalists Many farmers in India are not aware of harvest rotation. Though education in urban areas has improved a lot, the administration has ignored the same in rural areas in all-purpose and in agriculture sector in particular. This is the reason why farmers are not sufficiently aware of the various schemes provided by the administration.
- Clubbing of minor fields may help Numerous farmers who own small piece of land can join together and syndicate all small fields into one big hunk. This may help in diversity of ways.
- Need for expressive crop insurance policies Crop cover is must and the right should be settled easily under the management of the district gatherers.